You can provide your own insurance policy (third-party) or purchase one immediately on ShareGrid. If this is your first time providing us with your third-party insurance policy, we will verify the policy’s coverage terms with the issuing insurance company and apply them to your account. Once a policy has been verified, you will not have to apply again until the policy is expired. Your insurance coverage must be greater than the full replacement value of the gear-package you’re requesting.
Here's how to upload details of your policy for verification:
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on your name and select Settings.
- Click on Insurance on the left side of the screen.
- Select the 3rd Party tab.
- Click the button marked Setup 3rd Party Insurance.
- Follow the prompts to enter details of your policy.
- After you submit details, we will contact your insurance company directly to verify the effective dates of your policy, and the coverage limit for rented equipment.
Insurance verification is typically complete the same business day, but may take longer if submitted outside of normal business hours, Mon - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm.
Some insurance companies will not share information with ShareGrid without a direct request from their client. The quickest way to get your policy verified once you've uploaded details is to call your insurance company and ask them to respond to our email. They can contact us directly at email@example.com.