It’s fun to connect with new people through ShareGrid, but sometimes you want to know more about the person renting from you. As an equipment owner, we want you to feel completely comfortable with each rental, so don’t be shy to ask questions before you accept a rental request!
All our members complete ID verification before they can send a rental request. We encourage users to fill out their ShareGrid profile with a biography and links to their film / photography work and their social profiles. Click on the user’s name on the site to view their profile, and you may find some additional information there.
Asking for more information
If you’d like to learn more about a renter, here are some additional questions you may want to ask:
- What is the project you’re working on?
- Will you be handling the gear yourself, or will someone else be operating it?
- Where are you shooting? (Indoor / outdoor; studio / on location; any important environmental factors such as extreme temperatures, sand, water, etc.)
- Do you plan to travel with the gear?
- Are you picking up the equipment yourself, or will you be adding an Authorized Person to the rental?
- Can you show me examples of your previous experience using this kind of equipment?
- Can you provide professional references from people you’ve worked with in the industry? (Ask for contact details, website, etc).
Remember to keep all communication on the site. New renters may not know the rules around this, so let them know that the conversation needs to stay on ShareGrid. Do not share your email address, phone number, or any other contact information before the rental is booked.
Once your rental is booked and you're getting ready for your renter to arrive, make sure to follow our tips on preparing for pickup.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact our support team.