A Short Term policy can be used to cover several rentals at once, provided you purchase enough coverage. Follow these steps:
Find the items you would like to rent and add them to your cart
- Using the rental calendar, select the rental pick-up and drop-off dates for each item you plan to rent and add the items to your cart
Calculate the Total Replacement Value of all the gear you're renting
- You can find the Replacement Value of each listing on the listing page or next to the item at the checkout stage. Add up the replacement value of all the items you plan to rent at one time.
Purchase Short Term Insurance
- Go to Settings / Insurance / Short Term. You will be prompted to fill out an insurance application in order to purchase a policy. Select a coverage limit that's sufficient to cover the Total Replacement Value of all of the items you plan to rent at one time using the policy. You also need to make sure that the policy dates cover the entire duration of your rentals, including the rental pick-up and drop-off dates.
Short Term insurance will be applied to your account
- Once you have completed the online application and purchased the policy, it will be applied to your ShareGrid account. You can now select Short Term insurance at checkout for each of your items, and you should see your policy apply automatically. You can then click Send Request to place your order.
Rent more items!
- You can rent as many additional items as you want within the coverage limit and date range of your Short-Term policy.
Certificates of insurance are issued automatically
- Since the policy is integrated with your account, our system will automatically issue a certificate of insurance (COI) to each equipment owner you are renting from.
Please note: If you have purchased Short-Term insurance, the premium and fees are fully earned and non-refundable upon purchase. If you have any questions about your insurance policy, contact Athos Insurance directly at (626) 716-9800 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.