All Collections
Insurance & Coverage Options
Third-Party Insurance
Do I need to issue a Certificate Of Insurance (COI) to the rental Owner?
Do I need to issue a Certificate Of Insurance (COI) to the rental Owner?

To whom should the COI be issued? What if I'm using one of ShareGrid's coverage options?

Dave avatar
Written by Dave
Updated over a week ago

If you're using your Third-Party Insurance, you must issue a Certificate of Insurance (COI) directly to the rental equipment Owner. To make things easier when you book a rental with third-party insurance, we'll automatically email you the Owner's contact information so you can include it on the COI. Alternatively, you can ask the Owner for the information they want to see on the COI. If you have any questions about how to issue a COI, you can contact your insurance company directly for guidance.

Let's talk about Short Term or Annual Insurance policy options serviced by our insurance partner Athos Insurance. You can relax if you've purchased one of these policies through your ShareGrid account. After you book your rentals, we'll issue the certificates of insurance to each Owner you'll be renting from.

For your convenience, when you choose Damage Only or Damage + Theft Coverage, there's no paperwork required. ShareGrid directly services these coverage options, so you don't need to worry about issuing a COI.

We hope this clears up any confusion you might have. Please contact our friendly customer support team if you have any questions or need more help. Happy renting!

Did this answer your question?