We offer two easy options to buyers for making purchases on ShareGrid. Payments for purchases are separate from payments for rentals. Here are your options:
We accept all major US-based credit cards.
If you make an offer on an item, your card will be charged when the owner accepts your offer. If you select Buy It Now on an item, your card will be charged immediately.
You can securely link your bank account via a service called Plaid. We do not store your login information or bank account details for safety.
When using a Bank Transfer as your payment method, the payment process is slightly different to using a credit card, but it will save you significant payment processing fees on your order. Here’s how it works:
- Choose ‘Bank Transfer’, select your bank from the list, and enter your online banking details to link your bank account. We do not store your login information.
- Make your offer to the owner.
- If the owner accepts your offer, we check you have funds available, and place a hold on the funds in your bank account. This can take up to two business days.
- You’ll be notified via email once it’s time to meet up with the owner and complete the transaction.
- Meet with the owner, and complete inspection of the gear. See here for instructions about inspecting gear and completing payment.
- The owner selects ‘Request Payment’. The buyer selects ‘Confirm Payment’.
- Payment is confirmed. You’re all set to take your new gear home!